I have a goal of placing in a race in 2016. Now that I have a goal, it is time to start working toward that goal.
- Get started. I went for a 5-mile jog at 10:00 minutes per mile.
- Analyze ways to achieve your goal.
- I tend to eat a lot more than I did five years ago.
- I drink less water than five years ago
- I exercise a lot less than five years ago
- My body is a lot healthier than it was five years ago
- I am a lot weaker than five years ago
- Create a plan
- Realizing that I was frequently injured in the past, I cut down on the number of run days. I am afraid that reducing the amount of running that I do will hurt my chances for placing in a race but I feel that showing up healthy will increase my chances of placing in a race.
- The plan that I will post is a running plan. I will post the training plan after Alamedarunners II shows up to teach me how to format an excel document for posting.
- I chose a running event in September as my target race.
- I am going to race in 3 triathlons between now and the event that I am attempting to place in.
I picked two Brazen Racing events in September for my goal of placing. I will be happy if I can reach a top 5 in both races. Reason for my selections:
- I love Brazen races
- I like these courses.
- Both courses are very hot and very hilly.
- If I can achieve my hill climbing mentality for training, I have a good chance of placing in these races.
Trail Hog in San Jose
Drag – N – Fly in Antioch, CA