I just noticed that the wheels fell off the bus. It has been over a year since my last post. For various reasons, I got away from running and running related activities and gained about 30 pounds. I just set a goal for myself to place in a race in 2016. I am usually humble with my goals and finishing is my goal. I am moving into a new age group (55-59, if you are wondering), this give me a chance to place. Placing in a race is very hard. I may not meet my goal but I am going to try.
Ted’s rules for for a goal. Note; Ted is Alamedarunners
- Create a goal.
- It does not matter what the goal is, come up with a goal.
- Work toward the goal
- I have a lofty goal; I will start by getting out and running.
- Find a target event
- Create a training plan around my lifestyle
- Find ways to implement the plan
- Do not give up
- Do my best to achieve my goal.
- To do my best in achieving my goal, I must do my best in training.
- No excuses.
I post my goals because I know that I used to have a lot of readers who followed me and took what I said to heart. This site was created to help others. My current goal is to help me. I hope that my selfish objective will help others in their ambitions to help themselves.
This site was created to help a group of people obtain their goal of finishing the inaugural Oakland running festivals half marathon. Now, I am using the site to help me with my own ambitions to get back into shape. I may never meet my earlier standards but I hope to get better than I am today.
- For the record, the inaugural Oakland running festival was about 6-7 years ago.
- I could run a half marathon in about 1 hour 40 minutes.
- I wore a size 28 waist.
- I weighed about 130 pounds
- I now squeeze into size 34 pants
- I weigh close to 170 pounds
- I don’t know if I can run 13 miles.
I have goal. It is a start.